Thursday, May 6, 2010

Out for the count!

Yes, tonight I will be out for the count - the election count! Election day 2010 is the first time for decades when it really seems possible - though by no means assured - that things really could be different and the arrangement by which a party which gets only about 30% of votes can get enough seats to form a government.

This morning, I went out delivering leaflets locally. It took me back to being a kid delivering newspapers before going to school, though this took me far longer than a paper round! I feel immense sympathy for postmen (and women)since some letterboxes are so small you cannot get more than a postcard through and others seem to have built-in shredders which devour papers as they go in.

People were invariably friendly and up for a chat and I get the impression that the turnout will be high. Whatever the outcome, at least people are involved again. I just hope we don't go back to the way it was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment